Middletown, NY — The Goshen Yearling Sale is just about a month away and the 109 available yearlings are already being examined by many sets of eyes in person, on video and in the catalog. But those who know them the best are the managers of the respective farms that have sent these prospects to the auction block.
The consignors are excited to make their talent available and have some opinions about who they like from their groups.
Comments by Jean Brown, General Manager, Blue Chip Farms
Blue Chip Farms will be represented by five yearlings at the Goshen Yearling Sale. Four are out of pacing dams with collective average earnings of more than $147,000. These pacing offerings include (76) Spartacus Blue Chip, an American Ideal first foal out of the Western Hanover mare Crucial Moment. Rounding out the consignment is a son of Credit Winner, (30) Chase Blue Chip, who is the first colt out of Cantata. Cantata is from the immediate family of Hambletonian Oaks winner Creamy Mimi ($927,000).
Yearlings can be viewed at the farm prior to the sale by appointment seven days per week. Contact the office at 845.895.3930 for more information. Videos will be available the week of Aug. 19.
Comments by Steve Jones, General Manager, Cameo Hills Farms
This year’s consignment is certainly headlined by our So Surreals.
(102) Full Of Herself (So Surreal-I Am A Snob) is a full sister to So Rude who is a very smart and athletic filly.
(7) Bud Truck (So Surreal-My Girl’s A Star) is a full brother to Hickfromfrenchlick. He is a late foal but nice looking and very correct.
(22) Cougar Bar (So Surreal-Please Me Please) is from a mare who earned $750,000 racing.
(16) Stop Staring (So Surreal-Paramelons Hanover) is the first colt and second foal from Paramelons Hanover, a daughter of Paula’s Best.
(90) Scratch Golfer (So Surreal-Dune In Red) is the first foal from $385,000 winner Dune In Red.
We are also selling (51) Boozer (American Ideal-Whiskey A Go Go) who is the first foal from Whiskey A Go Go who is a sister to Always A Virgin and (79) The Yankee Chapter (Muscles Yankee-Chapter And Verse) whose dam is a sister to the great sire Chapter Seven.
Cameo Hills’ 2018 Goshen consignment has yielded some serious results. The farm consigned a total of 11 yearlings; nine have raced and eight have done very well.
Play Trix On Me (Trixton-Lima Playmate) 2,1:54.3 ($111,500) Undefeated in four lifetime starts and is a NJSS champion.
So Rude (So Surreal-I Am A Snob) 2,1:53.3 ($61,996) Multiple NYSS winner.
Cigars And Port (So Surreal-Sweet On Art) 2,1:56.2 ($60,491) Multiple NYSS winner.
The Fun Marshall (So Surreal-Hallmark Hanover) 2,1:55.4 ($27,615) NYSS winner.
Paulie Walnuts (Andover Hall-D Liteful Hanover) 2,1:56.2 ($22,180).
Splash Brother (So Surreal-Sugarcoated) 2,1:54.2 ($38,401).
The Party’s Rockin (Captaintreacherous-Rocknroll Cameo) 2,1:53.1 ($15,000) PA stallion series winner.
Fear The Pasta (So Surreal-Pasta La Vista) 2,2:01.2 ($10,050) NY Excelsior A winner.
We also sold Beerthirty K (Credit Winner-Venus Hall) 2,1:58h ($47,260) as agent and he is a NYSS winner.
Those yearlings cost a total of $130,000 and have already earned just under $400,000.
Comments by Dr. Bridgette Jablonsky, Executive Vice-President, Hanover Shoe Farm
“We have a group of really nice colts and fillies with some exceptional pedigree.”
(54) Acup O Joe Hanover (Roll With Joe-A Royal Hanover) is the first foal from a Somebeachsomewhere sister to Up Front Hoosierboy, Artache Hanover and Arockin Hanover.
(38) Seth Hanover (Artspeak-Subtle Charm) is from the family of Glowing Report and Well Said, brother to dams of Treacherous Reign and Miso Fast.
(72) Bison Hanover (Art Major-Burning Point) is the first Art Major from 3-year-old filly pacer of the year and older pacing mare of the year Burning Point.
(41) Skaikru Hanover (Art Major-Sympathy Hanover) is a first foal from a sister to Shadyshark Hanover and Sharky Osborne.
(20) Pinpoint Hanover (Explosive Matter-Peace Dove) is out of a sister to the dam of 2019 Hambletonian Oaks winner When Doves Cry.
(26) Quimby Hanover (Art Major- Queen Teen) is a sister to UF Dragons Queen.
(71) Bygone Hanover (Artspeak-Brissonte Hanover) is a sister to Blush Hanover.
Comments by Garrett Bell, General Manager, Winbak Farms
(2) Parallel Line (Heston Blue Chip-Marshamarshamarsha) is a nice racy colt who looks the part.
(6) Perfect Bella (American Ideal-Mom’s Bella) is a very athletic filly that moves very nice.
(11) No Pay No Way (Credit Winner-Not A Diva) is a nice, long, athletic filly.
(42) Rockin Good Time (Rock N Roll Heaven-Timeless Beauty) is another very nice athletic and good sized filly.
(58) Just For Luck (Lucky Chucky-Arenal) is a trotting colt that looks the part; nice size and really moves well.
(55) Blue Flame (Heston Blue Chip-All Italian) is another very nice athletic good size filly that travels well.
Last year at Goshen Winbak sold Groovy Joe (Roll With Joe-Chotat Milk) and he became a standout in the NYSS this year. He’s won five out of six starts with a mark of 1:54.3 and earnings of $115,770.
The Goshen Yearling Sale will be held on Sunday (Sept. 8) at the Mark Ford Training Center located at 90 Slaughter Road, Middletown, N.Y. Catalogs are now available online at www.goshenyearlingsale.com and at all major racetracks and training facilities in the northeast.