East Rutherford, NJ — The post position draws have been completed for the eliminations for the 95th edition of the $1 million Hambletonian, an open event for 3-year-olds on the trot. The eliminations take place at The Meadowlands on Saturday (Aug. 1) with the final set for Aug. 8.
Here are the fields, with post position, horse (driver, trainer) and morning-line odds:
Hambletonian – First Elimination (Purse $50,000)
1. Back Of The Neck (Scott Zeron, Ake Svanstedt), 2-1
2. Third Shift (Ake Svanstedt, Ake Svanstedt), 8-1
3. Amigo Volo (Dexter Dunn, Nifty Norman), 7-2
4. Big Oil (Andy Miller, Julie Miller), 10-1
5. Maesteraemon (Brian Sears, Marcus Melander), 12-1
6. Hollywood Story (Tim Tetrick, Marcus Melander), 10-1
7. Ramona Hill (Andy McCarthy, Tony Alagna), 5-1
8. Beads (Jimmy Takter, Per Engblom), 9-2
Hambletonian – Second Elimination (Purse $50,000)
1. Capricornus (Tim Tetrick, Marcus Melander), 15-1
2. Sister Sledge (Yannick Gingras, Ron Burke), 3-1
3. Jula Trix Treasure (Ake Svanstedt, Ake Svanstedt), 6-1
4. Rome Pays Off (Mattias Melander, Marcus Melander), 9-2
5. Threefiftytwo (Scott Zeron, Luc Blais), 8-1
6. Chestnut Hill (David Miller, Nifty Norman), 6-1
7. Sky Castles (Corey Callahan, Andrew Harris), 20-1
8. Ready For Moni (Yannick Gingras, Nancy Takter), 5-2
9. Moon Bridge (Andy Miller, Ake Svanstedt), 20-1
How To Advance: The top five in official order of finish return for the final. The two elimination winners will draw for posts one through five.
Note: The $600,000 Hambletonian Oaks saw 12 horses enter, meaning that event for 3-year-old fillies on the trot will not need eliminations and will be one dash for the cash on Saturday (Aug. 8). To view the complete list of horses entered, click here.
The Post Position Draws for both the Hambletonian and the Hambletonian Oaks will take place during Saturday night’s program at The Meadowlands and will be broadcast on the track’s in-house simulcast feed live.