Wilkes-Barre, PA — As reopening weekend approaches, The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono has a few reminders for horsemen to help everyone achieve a safe and healthy environment.
- In order to properly clean and disinfect the paddock, horsemen need to make sure their stall is cleaned out before leaving after each racing day.
- Similarly, horses training out the ship in barn are also asked to make sure their stalls are properly cleaned out.
- Face coverings are to be worn in the paddock at ALL times.
- Maintain a 6-foot social distance whenever possible.
- Do not congregate near the paddock televisions.
- The track kitchen will NOT be open, horsemen are advised to bring their own food and drinks, to be consumed outside of the paddock.
- Drivers/trainers should arrive at the track with their necessary race equipment and at least one set of colors and spare colors or change of colors, if necessary.
- Showers and laundry services will NOT be available in the drivers’ room.
Thank you for your help during this time to make sure the paddock environment is one of the utmost health and safety for every horseman that sets foot on the grounds.