Harrisburg, PA – The Department of Agriculture is currently recruiting to fill the position of – Director, Bureau of Standardbred Horse Racing (working title).
The Director, Bureau of Standardbred Horse Racing directs and coordinates all administrative and enforcement operations of the Bureau of Standardbred Horse Racing for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The position reports to the State Horse Racing Commission while serving as a State Horse Racing Commission liaison with the Department of Agriculture. Work involves directing, through subordinate managers, the Commission’s Commonwealth-wide equine racing activities related to enforcement, licensing, marketing, breeding incentive programs, and procurement. Work includes overseeing the development and implementation of policies and procedures affecting the licensing of racing participants, processing of breeding incentive award payments, administration of racetrack-specific offices, utilization of staff, enforcement of racing laws, and the commission-approved testing program. The position supervises the racetrack manager at each of the following three racetracks in Pennsylvania – The Meadows, The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono, and Harrah’s Philadelphia.
– Minimum experience requirements are having been a certified racing official; or at least five years’ experience in the management of a licensed racing entity or equivalent racing experience.
– Salary range $83,365 to $126,690 commensurate with experience.
– This permanent position is located at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture headquarters in Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin Co.).
– Applicants must apply by going to the Bureau of State Employment website www.employment.pa.gov and follow the path below:
Open Jobs > Continue to Open Jobs > Menu > Commonwealth PA Job Opportunities > Director, Bureau of Standardbred Horse Racing or by clicking, here.
– Applications will be accepted until January 18, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Smith in the Conservation and Environment HR Delivery Center at 717-787-1065.
Pennsylvania is proud to be an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY employer, supporting workforce diversity.