Yonkers, NY — After five preliminary rounds, post positions have been drawn for Yonkers Raceway’s finals of the Blue Chip Matchmaker and George Morton Levy Memorial Pacing Series.
Both go this Saturday night (April 20), worth $401,600 and $662,800 respectively, by far 2019’s richest North American races to date.
Post time for the 12-race card is the usual 6:50 p.m., with the Matchmaker carded as race nine and the Levy as race 11.
The 11th edition of the Matchmaker for free-for-all pacing mares drew as such:
1. Kaitlyn N (Matt Kakaley)
2. Apple Bottom Jeans (Corey Callahan)
3. Feelin’ Red Hot (George Brennan)
4. Don’t Think Twice A (Jason Bartlett)
5. Bettor Joy N (Dexter Dunn)
6. Shartin N (Tim Tetrick)
7. Ideal Lifestyle A (Driver TBA)
8. Seaswift Joy N (Jim Marohn Jr.)
Shartin N is the defending champ.
The Levy, a free-for-all for the boys again honoring the memory of the Hall of Fame Founder of Roosevelt Raceway, reads as such for its 32nd edition:
1. Anythingforlove A (Joe Bongiorno)
2. More The Better N (Scott Zeron)
3. JJ Flynn (Tetrick)
4. The Downtown Bus (Tetrick also listed)
5. Western Fame (Dan Dube)
6. Rodeo Rock (Andrew McCarthy)
7. The Wall (Andy Miller)
8. Ideal Jimmy (Brent Holland)
Dube goes for a Levy hat trick, having teamed up with trainer Rene Allard to win the last couple with the now-retired Keystone Velocity.
All 16 finalists will race uncoupled. Saturday’s card also includes series consolations, going for $75,000 (Matchmaker, race eight) and $100,000 (Levy, race 10), along with a pair of $50,000 events for Levy eligibles (races four and six).