Columbus, OH — The 2020 version of the U.S. Trotting Association’s rule book is now available on the USTA website by clicking here and will be available via the USTA Rule Book App found on Apple iTunes and Google Play stores by searching “USTrotting” in the coming weeks.
Following are highlights of the new rules in the updated 2020 Rule Book:
• An extended pari-mutuel meet is now defined as a meeting with no agricultural fair in progress with an annual total of six days or more with pari-mutuel wagering.
• Gene doping is defined and prohibited.
• Extensive language regarding racetrack maintenance has been added.
• A renewing trainer whose license has been expired for more than three years will be required to submit supplemental information prior to licensing approval.
• Drivers will be required to register driving colors prior to being upgraded from a qualifying/fair to a provisional license.
• The rule regarding the registration of Non-Standard horses has been modified.
• To ensure the fitness of riders participating in Racing Under Saddle races, each rider must qualify or go an official workout at least once each calendar year prior to the start of any Racing Under Saddle race. Likewise, a horse must qualify or go an official workout each calendar year prior to racing.
The entire list of adopted rule changes, which became effective on May 1, 2020 may be found here.