Washington, PA — Spring series for 3- and 4-year-olds, a popular fixture at The Meadows that fell victim to COVID-19 restrictions last year, have returned. Beginning in early March, the track will offer eight series — four for 3- and 4-year-olds, four for 3-year-olds — that feature two preliminary legs and a championship, with total purses projected to exceed $312,000.
Pennsylvania owned or sired horses are eligible. Nomination fee for each series is $250, due Feb. 15 (3- and 4-year-old events) or March 15 (3-year-old events). The line-up includes:
• Wilbur Zendt Memorial Pace: 3- and 4-year-old colt and gelding pacers, first leg March 5;
• Donna Dunn Memorial Pace: 3- and 4-year-old filly and mare pacers, first leg March 3;
• Dale McConnell Memorial Trot: 3- and 4-year-old colt and gelding trotters, first leg March 4;
• Mary Wohlmuth Memorial Trot: 3- and 4-year-old filly and mare trotters, first leg March 4;
• Tom Kirwan Memorial Pace: 3-year-old colt and gelding pacers, first leg April 2;
• Ruby Cook Memorial Pace: 3-year-old filly pacers, first leg March 31;
• Margaret Provost Memorial Trot: 3-year-old filly trotters, first leg April 1;
• Terry Altmeyer Memorial Trot: 3-year-old colt and gelding trotters, first leg March 31.
To nominate or for more information, including specific eligibility conditions, contact The Meadows Race Office, 724.225.9897.