East Rutherford, NJ — The 2021 Breeders Crown Charity Challenge presented by the Libfeld-Katz Breeding Partnership is down to the final two weekends – culminating with check presentations on Oct. 30 during the Breeders Crown race card.
This year’s Challenge was designed to raise awareness of the positive contributions harness racing makes by selecting four tri-state charities.
The Charity Challenge teams, charities and sponsors are:
Team Dexter Dunn: John Theurer Cancer Center
• Platinum Sponsor: Trainer Nancy Takter
• Gold Sponsor: Deo Volente Farms
• Silver Sponsor: Tom and John Cancelliere
Team Yannick Gingras: New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund
• Platinum Sponsor: Trainer Ron Burke
• Gold Sponsors: Concord Stud Farm and Trainer Marcus Melander
• Silver Sponsor: Trainer Åke Svanstedt
Team David Miller: enCourage Kids Foundation
• Platinum Sponsors: Trainers Nifty Norman and Brett Pelling
• Gold Sponsors: Trainers Julie Miller and Linda Toscano
• Silver Sponsor: Trainer Chris Ryder
Team Tim Tetrick: Special Olympics New Jersey
• Platinum Sponsor: Trainer Tony Alagna
• Gold Sponsor: Hogan Equine Clinic
• Silver Sponsor: Trainer Noel Daley
• Diamond Sponsors: Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment and FanDuel Sportsbook
• Silver Star Sponsor: Trainer Jim Campbell
Through the exhaustive efforts of Marvin Katz and the generous donations of sponsors and breeding bidders, $339,500 has been raised for the charities. Of that amount, $12,500 was allocated after the Red Mile Sulky Dash as follows: $4,000 to New Jersey Pandemic Relief, $3,250 to John Theurer Cancer Center, $2,750 to Special Olympics New Jersey, and $2,500 to enCourage Kids Foundation.
As of Oct. 21, only 101 points separates first place from fourth place. Tallying the Grand Circuit driver points and 50 bonus points for each charity “night at the races visit,” the standings are as follows:
1. Team Dunn – 1,130
2. Team Tetrick – 1,067
3. Team Gingras – 1,042
4. Team Miller – 1,029
There are still points to be had in the Challenge – including driver Grand Circuit points, one more “night at the races,” and online voting points.
Fans are encouraged to vote for their favorite team daily via the Meadowlands website.