East Rutherford, NJ — Yannick Gingras is having a record stretch for a driver while betting continues at a torrid clip during February at The Meadowlands.
After winning 13 races over the span of Feb. 1-2, Gingras followed that up with 10 more wins last weekend (Feb. 8-9) at the Big M, giving him 23 victories in 49 starts, for an incredible win percentage of 47.
Not surprisingly, trainer Ron Burke conditioned many of Gingras’ winners. Over the course of the four race cards, Burke had 15 victories in 24 starts (63 percent), with all of the winners being driven by Gingras.
Cold weather, hot handle:
• Big M betting is on a roll of late. The first weekend of February saw just over $6 million in action before last week saw all-source wagering total just short of $5.7 million.
• The superfecta, which offers a 10-cent minimum bet and lowest in the game 20 percent takeout, has seen an average pool of $38,236
• Since switching to a race one start, betting in the 50-cent Pick-5 has been strong, as an average of $58,213 has been poured into play on the wager with the low 15 percent takeout
• The Pick-3 ($1 minimum, 20 percent rake) has averaged $28,382
• The 50-cent Pick-4 (15 percent takeout), the track’s signature wager, continues to be a hit with bettors, as $97,538 has been the average pool size. Saturdays have been especially good, with average action of $109,680
• The 20-cent Survivor Pick-10 (15 percent takeout) saw its first $20,000 pool of the year last Saturday, when a total of $21,633 was wagered. One lucky bettor in Ohio walked away with more than $18,000 after being the lone holder of a ticket “surviving” eight legs
This Weekend: Racing continues Friday and Saturday at 7:15 p.m. The Early 20-cent Jackpot Super High-Five has a carryover of $40,545 awaiting players Friday. Free program pages for the Big M Pick-4 are available at www.ustrotting.com and www.playmeadowlands.com.
WHHC Qualifier: The World Harness Handicapping Championship rolls on at the Meadowlands on Saturday (Feb. 16) with two spots to the April 6 WHHC final up for grabs. It’s $200 to get in ($100 entry fee/$100 bankroll). Contest check-in and headquarters are at the main entrance to the Clubhouse, across from the Players Club Desk.
Walk-ups are welcome, but must arrive between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
For complete information, click here.
Bring Your Sweetie: This Friday (Feb. 15), the Big M’s Pink restaurant will offer a special Valentine’s Day celebration with a $44.95 buffet that includes a glass of champagne and a red rose for the ladies.
In addition, every time a driver with red in his colors wins, two lucky drawing winners will receive $50 betting vouchers in “Cupid’s Cashout.” The entry form will be in the live program.
On Saturday (Feb. 16), the $44.95 buffet will be offered once again in Pink, and this time, a Florida vacation will be up for grabs, as one drawing winner will walk away with a trip to Orlando. Once again, entry forms will be in the live program.
Madness Is Coming: It is upon us! March 19 marks the start of the NCAA Men’s College Basketball Tournament. Come on out to the Big M and watch and wager on the games in the FanDuel Sports Book.