Manalapan, NJ — On Saturday (Feb. 22), the North American Harness Horse Alliance held its first official meeting at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
The NAHHA sees an opportunity to unite the Harness Racing community.
• Cooperatively work together to achieve results to benefit the Harness Racing industry.
• Provide a wealth of experience in contracts, contract negotiations, health insurance and horsemen’s benefits
• Share best practices throughout the industry.
• Respond and provide solutions to current issues and future issues that are the facing the Harness Racing industry
• We have identified a number of issues that we will be working on to provide guidance for the Harness Racing industry
• NAHHA wants to sustain and grow the Harness Racing industry in North America and make sure that Harness Horse Racing members have a strong voice with race tracks, regulators and governments at all levels.
• Timely communications to the Harness Horse Racing industry
• No membership fees
• Each organization to be involved in the resolution of issues
• Meetings will be held by conference call and in person in conjunction with other industry events, (USHWA annual meeting, USTA annual meetings, etc.), when required
• Each organization to work towards promoting Harness Racing and working together to advertise and promote Harness Racing and our equine athletes.
• Each organization will have one vote on resolutions or implementations
• Membership is open to all Harness Racing organizations
Current membership consist of:
• OHHA of Canada
• SBOA of New Jersey
• SOA of New York
• OHHA of Ohio