Woodbine Mohawk Park cancels Thursday races

Milton, ON — Due to the Environment Canada Special Air Quality Alert for Toronto, and consistent with the advice received from veterinarians, medical practitioners, and other racing officials including the AGCO, Woodbine has made the decision to cancel the race card at Mohawk Park on Thursday (June 8) with the primary consideration being the health and safety of the horses and racing participants. Woodbine has also cancelled Thursday’s Thoroughbred race card.

The Ontario Sires Stakes Gold event for 3-year-old filly trotters is postponed until Tuesday (June 13). Horses will not need to reenter and post positions will remain unchanged.

Woodbine will continue to monitor the situation and weather forecast and provide an update regarding live racing for Friday, (June 9). It will also be confirmed Thursday afternoon whether the 2-year-old qualifiers on Friday morning will proceed.

Back to Top

Share via